Thursday, July 9, 2009

Why I Belong 3

ME:
i am respectful
i am honest
i am athletic
i am intelligent
i am Diverse
i have Style
i am mexican
i am ecuadorian
i am american
i am free
i know who i am and who i could be
i know my limits and where to stop
i am me
not the clone that others want me to be
i know who i am 
better than you know who i am
don't tell me how to act
because how i act will get me where i need to be.
A game....
called discourse....
will either make us or break us..
know who you are 
or you will fall in its trap.
to know where you belong, 
you have to know you, 
and if you don't know who you are, 
then you have lost.
Don't get sucked in to things your not.
be you
not the clone others want you to be, 
and you will find where you belong. 



2 comments:

  1. Nice job, David. Your whole blog came out well--good writings, good thinking, good exploration. I like your willingness to think about and write about discourse. Your theme in the first poem about knowing who you are and not getting sucked into being something that you aren't is a lesson for life. Good luck in the continuation of belonging in the university. Your future is bright. You are a writer, a thinker, a doer.
    Oh yeah, and I lived in Ecuador, in Quito, for three years. A mi me gusto mucho. Adios, buen trabajo, y buen suerte.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thinking about just being yourself... just remember.... you can goes as far as you think you can.... destory the barrier that you call "Limits"

    ReplyDelete