Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Discourse.

Thinking of it, I find myself using various forms of voice. Well, if looking at it from Gees case, then this is very true. It is said that a person has multiple identities. Like being twofaced, and this is so very true.

         If you look at how you talk, you will see that your style, your voice, will change according to the person you are talking to.

         In my case, if I am with friends, I don’t care how I talk. I can talk funny, dumb, smart, anything it doesn’t matter because I’m in that comfort zone in which I don’t care. But if I’m around adults I don’t know then I am very courteous and have that respect that they need. And when I’m with my parents, I’m always respectful and never talk back. And yes, when I’m wit my “ghetto” homies then I also put on a “ghetto” tone.

         But this is who we are. We have all learned discourse. We have learned to adapt to the social structure and fit in with the rest. But we have not learned it all, in Gees words, we are not yet Masters in the art of discourse.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment