Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why I Belong 1

Why I belong. A statement that is not yet clear to me, for I do not yet know where I belong. But staring in a university campus is one way to find out. The university campus has a lot to offer. You just need to know how to take it and what to do. If you put yourself in a group that doesn’t share the same morals, or feelings as you. You wont find, why you belong. But if you do, then it would be easier to find why you belong. I think I belong on this campus for many reason. I have a lot to offer and I have many ideas to be shared. I would like to start my own fraternity, based on the fundamentals of witch I do now know yet. But by doing so I can invite the group of people that are like me, that think alike, and this way we can all be on the same page and it will be easier to find why I belong. It is said that by the people you choose to be with, is the way you will act. And by associating myself with these types of people it will be easier for me to find myself. Also by being a university student that means that I would be increasing diversity, for I am a minority. Even though one person may not be able to make a difference, it is a place to start.

            Going to college has always been a goal in my life. My parents always tell me not to waste this God send opportunity I have, meaning the PEOPLE program, and take advantage of it.  Luckily for my mom, she had good grades and she has been able to go to college, but my dad has not, and he always tells me how difficult it is to get a good job without a college degree. So my goal in life is not to be a bum and find just any job, but to work to my fullest and get a college degree and find a job that can sustain my family and my parents. And some extra spending money if you know what I mean.
            Comparing myself to my peers, I would say that I have an advantage. I do my work until I’m satisfied and I don’t do my work “half-assed”. If you are not satisfied, neither am I. I have a higher GPA than most and I maintain mine at about a 3.5 and by continuing this I think I could be accepted into a college. And growing up not having much and learning to value, I would say that my education is very valuable and I don’t just take it for granted. I go to school to actually learn something, because I know that learning and doing good in school, and study skills, all this will help me achieve my goal of going to college and I will be better prepared. 

1 comment:

  1. I liked this piece but it seems like you tried to hard to make it sound........ sophisticated. You should pursue your idea of starting a fraternity. Stay motivated and you will make it to college.

    ReplyDelete